Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Paper pieced birthday card

Hello!

It's time to share another card I've made for the  Lawnscaping Challenge. This week is about one of my favorites techniques, paper piecing:





I must confess that this time I've had some trouble to get inspired, I really don't  know why because it's a very versatile technique and it works great with many of the stamps I own. But finally I came up with an idea I liked using the cotton candy stamp included in Lawn Fawn's Admit One set:




All the patterned papers are from the Pink Lemonade collection by Lawn Fawn, as well as the hemp cord (an absolute fave of mine!)

I stamped the sentiment from Year One mini set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and, to add some interest to the card base, I created a flower pattern with one of the tiny flowers from Mother's Day mini set and Hero Arts Passion Flower ink, in order to get a tone on tone look.

I hope you like my card, thank you so much for your visit!

Supplies:

- Lawn Fawn stamps: Year One, Mother`s Day, Admit One
- Papers: Lawn Fawn's Pink Lemonade petite pape pack
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Hero Arts Passion Flower
- Tools: paper trimmer, corner punch


2 comments:

  1. Aww, this is so cute! It looks like a bunch of different flavors of cotton candy! Yum! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling, sweet card! Awesome job on the paper-piecing. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete